Saturday, April 17, 2010

Where is Contentment Found?

The Apostle Paul is not like a typical American. He said he was content "with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities." How odd is that? In weaknesses? During persecution? What was this guy thinking? But Paul had a series of prayer meetings that proved to be insightful. In one of these meetings, the Lord spoke to him and said, "My grace is sufficient for you..." Because of God's sufficient grace - Paul was content.
Most of us seem to think we will be able to find contentment in something we purchase. Because of this lack of understanding we are motivated to buy another car or another home looking for that feeling of fulfillment.
Ultimately, we can find what we are looking for in the power of Christ. In our times of weakness and hardship, the strength of the Lord is perfected in our lives.
That is why this man could say he found contentment. As long as he was facing trouble and insults, he understood that the grace of God would be present!
May God help us live abundant and fulfilled lives in the midst of our circumstances.
Blessings!

2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (ESV)
7 So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



No comments:

Post a Comment