Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finding A Place for God

Life is busy.
People are busy.
There never seems to be a lack of things to do.
A person that is bored in this day and age chooses to be so.

However, in the midst of busy-ness, there must be room for God in a life.
The Psalmist said it so well,

Psalms 132:3-5 (English Standard Version)
3 "I will not enter my house
or get into my bed,
4 I will not give sleep to my eyes
or slumber to my eyelids,
5 until I find a place for the Lord,
a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob."

So the question must be asked:
Does God have a "dwelling place" in my life?

The cares of life seem to have a way of choking out the important things in life (Luke 8:14).

When Mary and Joseph sought a place to stay the night because of her pregnancy we are told, "there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)

Lots of things seem to crowd God out of a person's life:
  • Money
  • Greed
  • Hobby
  • Entertainment/amusements
  • Envy
  • Vacation
  • Bitterness
  • Education
  • Career
  • Relationships

The list could go on and on but the fact remains that each person must be willing to lay aside some things to be make room for God! (Hebrews 12:1)



No comments:

Post a Comment